米子鉱山 | 廃墟検索 Back to Haikyo.org

米子鉱山 (Yonago Kōzan)

米子鉱山(よなここうざん)は、長野県須坂市でかつて操業していた硫黄などの鉱山。1743年(寛保3年)に、米子村の竹前氏によって本格的な採掘が始められた。 1898年(明治31年)に須坂硫黄会社が竹前氏から鉱山経営権を受け継いだ後、数回の所有者変更を経て中外鉱業株式会社が1934年に買収した。硫黄のほかにろう石、褐鉄鉱なども産出した。戦前は軍事用の火薬となる硫黄の需要が高く、最盛期には月産1,200トンに達し、鉱山関係者1,500人が生活していた。鉱山から須坂駅までは全長14kmに及ぶ索道(ロープウェイ)が設けられ、集落には共同浴場、学校、映画館なども建てられた。 1960年に硫黄の採掘が終わり、1973年に全面閉山。付近には米子大瀑布がある。

Yonago mine

The Yonago mine (Yonoko Zenzan) is a mine, such as sulfur, which was once operated in Suzaka, Nagano Prefecture. Full-scale mining was started by Mr. Takenake of Yonago village in 1743 (3 years of Ryosan). Suzaka Sulfur Company succeeded Mr. Takegame from Mr. Takegame in 1898 (Meiji 31), and after several owner changes, Chugai Mining and Smelting Co., Ltd. acquired in 1934. In addition to sulfur, wax and limonite were also produced. Prior to the war the demand for sulfur, which became a military gunpowder, was high, reaching 1,200 tons per month in the peak period, 1,500 people related to mining lived. From the mine to Suzaka station, a 14 km long cableway (ropeway) was established, and a communal bathhouse, a school, a movie theater etc were built in the village. Sulfur mining ended in 1960, and it closed all over in 1973. In the vicinity there is a Yonago large waterfall.

最高の廃墟の本 | Best Haikyo Book

This website is simply a tiny cache of Haikyo Info which provides English translations and geolocalized search. Please visit Haikyo Info for more information, useful data and great haikyo map. Thank you 👻