若狭珪石鉱山 | 廃墟検索 Back to Haikyo.org

若狭珪石鉱山 (Wakasa Keiseki Kōzan)

若狭珪石鉱山は福井県美浜町にあった鉱山。御嶽山(おたけさん、標高548m)山腹に位置する。 耐火煉瓦の原料となる青白珪石(あおしろけいせき)の採掘が行われていた。 大正15年(昭和元年)に加賀山信二氏が採掘開始。昭和10年に三井鉱山(現在の三井金属鉱業)と加賀山氏が若狭珪石組合を設立、後に若狭珪石株式会社に改組。最盛期には約150人が従事して、年間約2万5千tを産出した。 当初は馬車で山上地区を通って今市浜へ運び、船で北九州へ海上輸送していた。昭和13年に現在の東美浜駅付近に小浜線と並行して専用線を敷設した。山腹の採掘場から引込線までは約1.5kmの索道が設置された。引込線は昭和55年に廃止され以後はトラック輸送となった。 昭和62(1987)年に閉山。 現在も山腹に採掘跡の崖が見られる。

Wakasa Silicon Mine

Wakasa Silicon Mine was a mine located in Mihama Town, Fukui Prefecture. Ontakeyama (Otake Man, altitude 548 m) Located on the hillside. The extraction of blue-and-white silica (AOSHIROKEI Keikki) which is the raw material of refractory bricks was done. Mr. Shinji Kagayama started mining in Taisho 15 (Showa first year). In 1951 Mitsui Mining Co. (now Mitsui Mining and Smelting Co., Ltd.) and Mr. Kagayama established the Wakasa Silicone Association, after which it was reorganized into Wakasa Silicone Co., Ltd. Approximately 150 people were engaged in the peak period, producing about 25,000 tons a year. Initially it was carried by a horse-drawn carriage to Osachihama via the Yamagami district and was shipped to Kitakyushu by ship. In 1943, a private line was laid in parallel with the Obama line near the present East Mihama station. About 1.5 km of cableway was installed from the hillside excavation site to the drop-in line. The drop-in line was abolished in 1980 and became a truck after that. Closed mountain in Showa 62 (1987). Climbing of mined remains is still seen on the hillside.

最高の廃墟の本 | Best Haikyo Book

This website is simply a tiny cache of Haikyo Info which provides English translations and geolocalized search. Please visit Haikyo Info for more information, useful data and great haikyo map. Thank you 👻